The BTRDA are pleased to announce the 2018 BTRDA Rally Series and confirm that the 2018 championship registration is now open.
The 2018 BTRDA Rally Series, which encompasses the 65th BTRDA Gold Star® and Silver Star® Rally Championships, plus the BTRDA 1400 and BTRDA Rally First Championships and includes the BTRDA Historic Cup, BTRDA Production Cup, BTRDA Rallye R2 Cup and Fiesta ST Trophy, is consistently the most popular stage rally championship in the UK and will continue to provide the best selection of Nat B forest stage rallies.
The 2018 calendar is made up of eight one-day events, starting with the Cambrian Rally in February and finishing with the Trackrod Forest Stages in North Yorkshire on 29th September. The final points table will be based on a competitor’s best 6 scores, which provides some flexibility to fit in the events around family or business commitments or even to recover from an expensive car problem.
• Cambrian Rally 17th February North Wales, Llandudno
• Malcolm Wilson Rally 3rd March Lake District, Cockermouth
• Rallynuts Stages Rally 14th April Mid Wales, Builth Wells
• Plains Rally 12th May West Wales, Welshpool
• Carlisle Stages Rally 9th June Kielder Forest West, Carlisle
• Nicky Grist Stages 14th July Mid Wales, Builth Wells
• Woodpecker Stages 1st September Shropshire/Welsh Border, Ludlow
• Trackrod Forest Stages 29th September North Yorkshire, Filey
Regulations / entries for the Cambrian Rally, the opening round of the 2018 BTRDA Rally Series, will be available from 1st January. See www.cambrianrally.com for more details.
- The new BTRDA Rallye R2 Cup which is open to all FIA homologated R2(B) cars. This is in recognition of the increasing number of R2 cars that are now competing in UK stage rallying.
- A new class specifically for Historic Category 4b cars, which opens up the opportunity for rally cars that were homologated before the end of 1990. These include such iconic rally cars as the Subaru Legacy, Mitsubishi Galant, Ford Sierra and Sapphire, Toyota Celica 165, Lancia Delta 8v and BMW M3. To be eligible these cars must comply with all aspects of R49.1.5
- As part of our ongoing commitment to the concept of BTRDA Rally First, there will be a new RF2.0 class in addition to RF1.4 and RF1.6. This will be for cars over 1600cc and up to 2000cc that comply with BTRDA Rally First regulations. This class will include the clubman spec Fiesta ST Trophy cars and any other standard spec cars over 1600cc and up to 2000cc.
- We have removed all the additional restrictions previously required for cars in the 1400S class to score points in the BTRDA Rally Series. The 1400C class will be retained and the 1400S class will be open to all other cars up to and including 1400cc.
We are grateful for the wholehearted commitment from the event organisers, because without their efforts we could not promote such a successful rally championship. You can be assured that the 2018 BTRDA Rally Series will continue to provide competitors and followers with some Serious Fun!
The BTRDA Rally Series Regulations are published in the Competitors section along with a link to the on-line BTRDA membership and BTRDA Rally Series & MSA English Rally Championship registration at BTRDA on-line Membership / Registration
Please note that the 2018 Registration Fee includes BTRDA club membership and registration for both the BTRDA Rally Series and the MAXXIS MSA English Rally Championship.
BTRDA membership and Rally Championship registration is again FREE to new BTRDA members under the age of 25 on 1st Jan 2018, for their first year of registration.
ON EVENT FUEL: Vital Equipment will be providing a re-fuel service at all the events in 2018, supplying both a MSA compliant Super Unleaded fuel and an quality FIA spec Carless turbo fuel. We strongly emphasize the convenience, safety and organisational benefits that using the Vital Equipment re-fuel facility brings for competitors. To order your fuel please use their on-line order facility listed in the Competitors section of this website. The deadline for orders is 7 days before an event.
Photos are courtesy of Ralliphotoswales